Monday, October 29, 2018

Amy Roloff: This is What I've Learned from My Divorce

Amy Roloff has been divorced for a long time now.

But here's the thing:

Amy and Matt Roloff were married for a REALLY long time.

Amy Roloff and Matt Roloff on the Farm

So even though Amy has been single for nearly three years now, it makes sense that fans would still be curious about the end of a relationship that lasted nearly three decades.

Late last week, for example, an Instagram follower confided to Amy that she was going through her own divorce and was anxious to any sort of advice Roloff could pass along.

“One thing I’ve learned, not only did it impact me going through it and after it was final but my kids as well - even as ‘adults,'" the veteran Little People, Big World star replied.

Indeed, a previous report by Radar Online alleged that Jacob Roloff blamed his father for a very long time.

This website has written that Jacob believed his dad was "the one that blew up the whole family" and this led to a period of estrangement between the loves one.

Amy Roloff in Costume

Everything is now fine between Amy and Matt, and also between Matt and his kid.

But the adjustment wasn't quick or easy for anyone involved.

"I’m glad I’ve weathered that storm personally much better than I thought I would," Amy added as a response in this exchange with a supporter, adding:

"I’m happy in this stage of my life, I met and [am] with someone that is wonderful and most of all my kids are doing well. All the best to you and love."

That someone, of course, is Chris Marek, with whom Amy has been intimately involved for over two years now.

Amy Roloff Says Peace

For his part, Matt has also moved on.

He's in an equally serious relationship with Caryn Chandler.

It's a bit complicated, however, becase Amy knows Caryn well; the latter worked for years as the manager of Roloff Farms.

On an episode of Little People, Big World this summer, Amy opened up about the awkward challemges of seeing Caryn on such a regular basis.

"You know, this pumpkin season has been one of the hardest things I've ever gone through," she said on air, explaining why as follows:

"Caryn has been part of pumpkin season and managing it for a long time and does a great job. But knowing the relationship between Matt and Caryn, and to know that they're dating ...

"To work beside Caryn, it's not healthy for me."

With Caryn

Amy acknowledged back then that it will "always be difficult" to have Matt's girlfriend play such a prominent role in her life, but she has never sounded bitter or angry about this fact.

It's just a part of her new life.

Neither she nor Matt has blamed the other for how their relationship turned out or for where things stand now.

"Amy and I grew apart and I never thought in my wildest dreams I’d be divorced in this stage in my life," Matt said to a TLC camera a few months back, adding;

"And Caryn went through a divorce. So I think we just sort of realized, ‘Wow a person that I care about is right under my nose,’ and suddenly it’s very sort of different. And Caryn is a super amazing companion."

Amy is pretty amazing, too.

View Slideshow: Roloffs Celebrate Special Occasion with Rare Family Photo

To wrap up her back-and-forth with followers last week, she showed nothing but grace and kindness.

"Faith is what keeps me strong and sustains me," she concluded. "Couldn’t live out my life w/o Jesus.”

We continue to admire Matt and Amy for how they have handled their divorce and all the fallout that has come along with it.



from The Hollywood Gossip https://ift.tt/2ENFLmV

No comments:

Post a Comment